This month sees the return of the SGM’s podcast Microbe Talk. It’s true, it has been away a while; we hope you like the slightly rejigged format!
This month, we’ve been out and about, travelling to Imperial College London, where we interviewed some researchers who are interested in safety mechanisms that can prevent synthetic organisms from escaping or sharing their DNA. We also spoke to Kevin Brown, a historian from St Mary’s Hospital, who is an expert on all things Alexander Fleming.
- ‘Building-in Biosafety for Synthetic Biology‘ (via Microbiology)
- ‘The Myth of the Komodo Dragon’s Dirty Mouth‘ (via National Geographic)
- ‘Gut microbes spur liver cancer in obese mice‘ (via Nature)
- ‘Microscopic ‘Tuning Forks’ Could Make the Difference Between Life and Death in the Hospital‘ (via Science)
- Information on the Alexander Fleming Museum
You can also subscribe to us on iTunes, if you’d rather.