This month, we’ve been up to Glasgow to learn about African animal trypanosomiasis from Dr Jane Munday, who is working to identify new treatments for the disease. We also travelled to Inchcailloch, an island on Loch Lomond, to search for ticks and find out about research into Lyme disease prevalence from Caroline Millins, a PhD student from the University of Glasgow.
- ‘The Lyme Wars‘ (via The New Yorker)
- Caroline Millins’ research background
- ‘A Living Drug Cocktail‘ (via National Geographic)
- ‘Giant viruses open Pandora’s box‘ (via Nature)
- ‘MERS Virus Not Global Emergency, Health Officials Say‘ (via The New York Times)
Don’t forget, you can subscribe to our podcast via iTunes